Relocation is a complicated exercise in coordination. We get local Tulsa home sellers calling us or submitting their house info on this website every week saying “I’m relocating and need to sell my house in Tulsa“. The great thing is that we’re able to help a good many of those sellers sell their house quickly (because we’re actively buying houses in Tulsa OK right now!).
There are an unbelievable amount of things to keep track of, not to mention the stress of whatever is driving you to relocate in the first place – sometimes a new job or a sick relative, but the actual need to relocate always comes with a significant change.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Organize.
You don’t want to find yourself paying to own and maintain a vacant house for two years. That adds up quickly, and it doesn’t have to be that way.
Although the market in [market city] is reasonably stable right now, things can change in the blink of an eye. Over the last few decades, we’ve heard some terrifying tales. You probably can’t afford to wait it out unless you’re filthy rich.
So how do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and need to sell your Tulsa OK house fast?
Relocating And Need To Sell My House Fast In Tulsa… Your Options And Steps
- Find out what your house is worth: To do so, contact a respected real estate agent or connect with us and we will provide you with a free, no-obligation appraisal of your property. Once you know what the house may be able to sell for in the present market, you may determine how long you will be able or willing to sell the house.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you relocate: This is important. I’ve seen professionals who relocated out of state for work put their house on the market for almost a year before selling it for a considerably lesser price than they had intended. Determine how quickly you need to sell your home… and how long you’re willing to continue making two mortgage payments, insurance payments, and so on.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Get started as soon as possible to avoid wasting time. Every month you wait or every month it takes to sell your home costs you money. If you don’t want to sell through a real estate agent, we are a respected local house buyer who would love to make you a fast-fair all cash offer.. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to sell our houses for as much as possible. But one thing many people forget to do is come up with the $ amount of how much it costs you to hold onto this house. The costs involved include the mortgage (which if you’re still within the first 10 years of the mortgage, the majority of your payment interest and not hardly going to principal at all), insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc.Lets say you want to sell your house for $200,000… and your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo, taxes $200/mo, $100/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance, repairs while you’re gone, etc.).Those expenses add up to $1,600/mo in “non equity building” expenses.If it takes you 7 months to sell that house through a real estate agent for that $200,000… it cost you $11,200 in DIRECT “holding costs” + you had to pay $12,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyers agent and 3% for the sellers agent).Totaling $23,200 in LOST money. That doesn’t even account for the value of your time, your stress in thinking about that property sitting on the market, the opportunity cost of what you could have been doing with that extra money during those 7 months, etc. So the real cost to you was likely closer to $30,000.But, what if you were to sell your house next week and avoid all of that?Even if you sold for a discount below the retail price (lets say… $175,000)… you’re still ahead of the game by selling the house NOW at a discount to a home buyer like our company vs. 7 months later at full price (and paying holding costs and real estate agent fees).Make sense?
- Take action!: Take action! : Whatever decision you make, make it and act on it. If you want to be a real estate agent, that’s fantastic! Locate a reputable [market city] [market state] agent. If you’d rather not wait and avoid paying real estate agent commissions, selling your house to us may be a reasonable option:-)
If you have a lot of time on your hands and a fantastic home, you might want to test the market by listing it at a high price. There’s a slim chance that someone will fall in love and be prepared to overpay – people would do anything for love.
In truth, most properties are fairly average. They tend to be like the other houses around them, just as people who live close together seem to have a lot in common. So, unless your property is absolutely extraordinary, as in magazine-quality extra-special, pricing at the highest point will not net you the most money in the market.
You can also win if you offer your house for both rent and sale at the same time, just to see which one sells first. You must keep control of the process, which can be confusing even to experienced real estate brokers.
In certain situations, we may partner with property owners to help secure lease option agreements where highly qualified purchasers rent the property for an agreed time before buying.
In other cases, we may help renegotiate a loan, help make monthly payments or conduct a short sale with a bank.
We love helping people solve complicated problems.
Creative solutions can bridge the gap to get you where you need to be.
Who Is YT Properties And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Tulsa?
We’re investors. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by buying houses from Tulsa home owners who need to sell fast for one reason or another.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 7 days if you need us to)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in as-is condition)
- … or a variety of other reasons
But we’re driven individuals who believe in the [market city] community.
We’re honest and straightforward.
We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
You can manage the sale of your property from a distance if you’re willing to wait and can pay professionals to assist you. That risk can pay off in certain instances.
We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Tulsa real estate, so please feel free to call us at (918) 407-7981 and chat with us anytime.